Call for Papers
The Società italiana di economia pubblica (SIEP) announces the fifth edition of the prize in memory of Maria Concetta Chiuri, former Professor of Economics at the Department of Economics and Mathematics of the University of Bari, who passed away prematurely on September 15, 2009.
Maria Concetta Chiuri was a devoted teacher and a passionate and valuable scholar. Her research interests covered a variety of topics related to important policy issues, such as household decision-making process, housing market imperfections, illegal migration. Her scientific production was highly appreciated in the international academic community. In 2007, she received the Aldi Hagenaars Memorial Award from the Luxembourg Income Study for the article “Do the Elderly Reduce Housing Equity? An International Comparison,” coauthored with Tullio Jappelli, as the best LIS Working Paper written by an economist under the age of forty.
The prize amounts to € 2.500. It is intended for an outstanding unpublished paper, written by an author under the age of forty. In the case of a jointly written paper, all authors must comply with the age requirement. Each author may submit only one paper.
Submitted papers, whether theoretical or empirical, should pertain to one of the research fields that Maria Concetta Chiuri was mainly interested in, namely:
- 1. household and gender economics;
- 2. labour economics;
- 3. economics of taxation;
- 4. redistribution and social policies;
- 5. economics of migration.
The scientific committee in charge of the selection process is composed as follows:
- a. the SIEP president;
- b. the president of the Associazione italiana economisti del lavoro (AIEL);
- c. the president (alternatively, the director) of the Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics (CHILD);
- d. the director of the Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF) or a delegate;
- e. a member appointed by the “Comitato premio Etta Chiuri.”
The prize will be awarded during the XXVII SIEP Annual Meeting, to be held at the University of Ferrara on September 24 - 25, 2015.
Interested authors are invited to send their papers to the e-mail address email@example.com by June 30, 2015.